Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Two Flower Combination in a vase birthday cake.


This birthday cake, was a last minute order by a socialite for her dear friend celebrating her birthday as we speak . The cake is being delivered as I type this.I have big dreams , big inspirations. I was intrigued by the cakes done at cupcakeenvy.com , and the cake ( the one with multicolor flowers in particular) drove me into flower making frenzy, yellow roses, pink daisies , white baby mums, baby blue fillers leaves, more leaves and lilacs. Get the picture right?

Oh well, like all days, I make the fondant the day before, cover the board, bake the cake night before, bake the accompanying cupcakes, ice and decorate hours before pick up or delivery. Then I thought, I want to do a different cake board cover. Some lacey doily thingy , maybe with some cutouts and ruffles and piped dots. Easy peasy. Done , done and done. Okies, off to ice. Done . Off for fondant covering. Done Wohoo! no smears (ok just one tiny bit) ! The best bit. Arranging the flowers and leaves. I get the trays out and crap! They didn't look right.

I measured the sizes of the flowers. But they didn't look right! Oh well, then I made some ginger torch like flowers, to go with my white and green tint mums. Yes, perfect! Then I realized, my ruffles for the lace covering was 'ruffle-ing' slightly over the borad. Crap. It was taken off and redone, and every single 'bead' was re-piped. And what you see, is what I am proud of at the moment ; my patience and perseverance.

1 comment:

The Dixon Gang said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I would love to know how you did the doily thingy!