Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy 7th Anniversary!





This is the first of the four anniversary cakes I did last weekend. They were ordered by a sister, for her sister, two brothers and herself, all celebrating their wedding anniversaries in December. I separated the posts because it seems impossible to upload all eight pictures today on my blog. AAAAARghhhhhhh!
The couple celebrating their 7th anniversary are like a brother and sister to me. Their chidren, ( my nieces and my nephew) , are dear to me. I did all their children's cakes this year ( the Purple Reign Barbie, the Mermaid Barbie, the MIckey Mouse logo cupcakes and the cupcakes with the cookie and curliques!)

They love modern art, so I thought their cake could be slightly artsy and different from the other three. The design actually depicts the sun and the white background the calm and peace. For full meaning, go figure! ;-)
Love you lots guys. May I have the honor of doing all your anniversary cakes in years to come. Cheers!

4 comments:

Karina Isaac said...

Hi,
my friend told me that you use real vanilla, the pot ones for your cake. No wonder it taste awesome. But where on earth can you buy those in Penang? I only know it is available in Bangsar, KL and it cost a bomb. Is that true?
Can i have your email pls, I would like to send you a sample picture for cake, it's a branded girl theme actually. It has a girl with Anya Hindmarch shopping bag figurine and Christian Louboutin shoes plus Chanel 2.55 handbag. Can u like make this type of cake. All this into one theme cake? Can? So freaking hard to find someone who can do like this in penang. I hope you say yes.

daddy's kitchen angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daddy's kitchen angel said...

hey there! Yeah real vanilla pods! In Penang they are available at all the baking supplies stores. Pods of Tahitian orgin workds best, but regardless of where your vailla beans or pods come from, look for those that are plump and moist. ;-)Sure, just email me at theworkingdapur@yahoo.com ! Thanks a bunch for your kind words!

Anonymous said...

could you recommend a place where i can get vanilla pods in penang? thanks you