Sunday, May 31, 2009

Come on Barbie, let's go paty!


My first Barbie cake. Turned out alright, I guess! ;-)
The skirt, full fondant covered, had a saree like feel to it, with beaded 'embelishments' of dragees and royal icing 'emroidery', front and back (was tired when it came to the back part, and was close to not finishing the cake! ;-p)
I was searching high and low for Wilton's Wonder Mould pan, but apparently is out of stock at most shops, so a baker got to do, what a bakers got to do, so I sculpted the cake out of 6 layers of vanilla buttercake and layers of chocolate fudge frosting. So, this was the outcome, larger skirt for Miss Baribie, way larger if compared to the one I will get using the mould.
A happy birthday to my very cheeky and naughty goddaughter, " I love you Chinta, be a good girl to mama, papa and aniqy'!

7 comments:

Jessica Gan said...

Nice, how much do u charge for Novelty cakes like this? Can u do cake that looks like handbag?

daddy's kitchen angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daddy's kitchen angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
daddy's kitchen angel said...

This particular one, was not for sale. But Barbie cakes start at RM270 onwards, depending on the design on the skirt and etc. Only original Mattel Barbies are used. For other novelty cakes, please e-mail me for inquiries.

Billy said...

Hey u r applying the WIlton Method for this one rite?

daddy's kitchen angel said...

Hi Billy,

I am not quite sure what method I am using, as I have never gone for any WILTON classes. Just so you know, I must have mixed about a gazillion methods in this cake. ;-)

IvyCakes said...

You are brilliant as I know, I guess if it's for myself i'll do that too, tools are out of stock and geez I guess whoever wants it to be done it has to be done...
Great and awesome job.
Wish we can share some tips together.

Love,
lim lee ling (SNC)