Saturday, February 02, 2008

More savory offerings and an all time favorite


An all time favorite? A definite yes.

Something healthy.

Well, in my latest installation for my savory series, I am actually having fun experimenting with different combinations and textures. I had a conversation with one of my testers, and she stated that she has mixed feelings over the carrot ones, as it was cakey and savory, a not so typical thing on her palate, but for the corn and green chilli, she thought it was really nice. Which got me thinking, why so?
I could only imagine the Knights at Arthur's round table when Dad, Mom and myself set down, sampled and discussed my muffins. We came to a conclusion, these were more liked than the carrot ones just simply because, we could relate to the taste, texture and combination. We have this fritter like thing where some households have for tea the humble 'Cucur Jagung'.
It's a batter, a combination of flour, water, an egg, fresh corn kernels and chopped green chillies. Sound familiar? It should, as it's also the ingredients in the muffins. Aah...mystery of the palate solved :-)

No comments: