Friday, March 06, 2009

Lilac Fantasy Dreams


Lilac Fantasy Dreams are an ode to dreams, very floaty colors, when you see them you just think of floating. Very soft and flowy simple sugar flowers.


theworkingdapur will be CLOSED from the 7-11th of MARCH for a short holiday.


A Brief History : theworkingdapur Part I.

Call me self-centered but believe it or not, seeing my creations online gives me a buzz! Making and eating, or should I say devouring into cupcakes are just sublime. The first touch of the frosting on your teeth, the sweetness, the creaminess of it on your tongue, only a cupcake addict would know!

The thing with cupcake addiction is : YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ANONYMOUS ! Great or what! Instead you will be rejoiced by other 'addicts' from all over the globe. Yes, 'food brings people together' but 'cupcakes just binds you'! Of course here in Malaysia, we do not have any cupcake meet-ups as grand as the one Cupcakes Take The Cake have in New York, New York, but is just still a growing trend. My own first exposure to the wonderful world of cupcakes was through a GLAMOUR magazine article on MAGNOLIA BAKERY and this was circa late nineties!

From that time onwards, I knew it was a calling. But, being freshly out of high school, I had to go to uni to study, so it kinda just lay dormant for awhile till about 2006 when I started selling cupcakes for RM1.50 (USD0.40)for standard sized ones! I know, I was crazy, just wanted to try out the market, and it worked! So as the cost of goods went up, and my rivals ( at that time, irrelevant too me now according to the Blue Ocean Strategy, hehehehe) selling their for at least RM4 ( USD1.05) it was time for change.

After that, I totally changed my entire promotion campaign and the rest is what you see today!

No comments: