Sunday, March 29, 2009

Matcha and Chocolate marbled cupcakes with vanilla frosting.


I was visiting Bakerella's site and she inspired me to bake this. Well yeah, in the era of molecular gastronomy, a combination of green tea and chocolate seems so last century! For me its fine, as I have already tasted many creations using this great combo, of which includes chocolate macaroons with green tea cream, green tea ice cream with chocolate fudge and the like, but I was actually more afraid for my audience who seem to think that the combo is odd to the palate!
But, each and every cupcake was accepted (by the tongues) well and I got good praises for these! Wohooo!!!


The coloring of the buttercream was actually bamboo green, but due to bad lightiing, it seems more toxic looking than the calm whispers of the green.

No comments: