Monday, March 02, 2009

Simple Ivory Dogwood Blooms


Keyword being 'simple', it was a really relaxing time making the mini blooms, after much color and sudden hype of my best selling gerberas ( which, dont get me wrong, I really enjoy doing too!) By balling petal by petal and joining them together to make the bloom, I realized sometimes, simple works best.

Color, texture, size and shape. All four factors simple. They adorned cupcakes lined with chocolate balls, which made them more interesting, I think, and my clients were really pleased with the simplicity and the 'zen' like result they evoked.

Sometimes, when clients come for consultation, they want the big-do's for their cupcakes, and I do offer them the best advice that you can't have too much on a cupcake, will just spoil the novelty of it being a part of the occasion. Sometimes, they get upset, sometimes I get upset. 'Oh well, swell!'.

Most of the times, I treasure clients who leave it to my judgement to design and decorate, just like life, you are taught see the best in people. And learn to trust, of course.

No comments: