Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Financiers or friands with a cup of coffee or tea?


Based on my researched ingredients for the upcoming Chinese New Year , ( I know, I sound very scholastic here, in the culinary sense, of course), I have decided to bake two flavored financiers or friands. The theme oranges and nuts again. So I went on with Green Tea Financier with Pine Nuts and a Citrus Financier with Mandarins.

To say I am a fan of financiers, I am not, but simplicity of the taste of the financier itself, just amazes me. What I would say is the amplification of taste due to the addition of browned butter is out of this world. The aroma, the feel of the texture and the sense on your taste buds.

Oh well, yes, to some its just like what the Indonesians would say 'kek bantet' ( a cake with no rise) but to those in the knowing, its just not a piece of cake, but an individual serving of indulgence with a plain cup of tea.

No comments: