Friday, February 20, 2009

Fuchsia Fantasy


When I have too many options, I get a bit stressed out, as you know, there are about a gazillion of color combinations to choose from, and when the base has to be chocolate fondant, then it narrows down slightly, but when fuchsia fantasy flowers were requested, I was happy!

Nothing like a combination of brown and pink, think Neapolitan ice cream. But when the flowers were ready ( they were gum paste ones you see, as I placed them on the chocolate-y base, they looked somewhat barren, as these were for the standard sized cuppies. Luckily enough, I always make a batch of vanilla fondant for my 'in-case-of-fondant-emergency' , and rolled out small green discs symbolizing leaves, and studded them with gold dragees, to reflect the flower centre which has a gold dragee. There they were, nice and regal looking, in spite of just being an idea in my garden of dreams.

Fantasy flowers, Fuchsia and Chocolate fondant...

No comments: