Monday, February 23, 2009

Gerberas...


Like any other open-faced flowers, they just seem warm and inviting. Unlike sexy roses, mysterious orchids, gerberas are just plain and simple. What you see is what you get. Warm, friendly and happy. Oh but then again , they are related to sunflowers! ;-)

When simple is said, not by the colors, as they have so many species and a lot looks, trust me, just 'google' and images of these beautiful friendly flowers will appear, and you will go 'ooh-ing' and 'aah-ing' in amazement! The best part is yet to be told, a single flowers can/may have petals of different colors!

Since these were meant to be given as house warming gifts, I baked them in normal liners and slipped them into these muffin liners, which were a bit big, but fit the gerberas beautifully. Well, I don't know, maybe they are all always happy, so it does not matter what they are in, they will just be happy flowers to me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my god!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous! Are they fondant? Gumpaste? Royal Icing? I would love to have the instuctions! If you want to share them, you can e-mail me at trishaplatt@yahoo.com. Thanks.