Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!



Well a Happy Valentines Day to all! This year, must be the economic scare, I did not get as much orders as I did last year! But then, I made corny 'bee-mine' cupcakes, which is cute looking (to my clients and me at least)! And some pink and yellow ones, some daisies and hearts, of course very macho black and red 'hugs and kisses' cupcakes and some buttercream orders. Very simple and plain. Not labor intensive I would say. They are all packed and awaiting pick-up later for tomorrow!

Many people perceive this day for lovers only, but to me its another day to celebrate love. Which ever way you see it, I wish you all happiness. I dedicate 14.02.09 to the following persons, with lots of love, hugs and kisses:
'Mom and Daddy, thank you so much for being supportive in my passion, and forever letting me pursue my hobby; in all ways, helping me deliver, buying me books, collecting my supplies, etc. Thank you for everything. Could never repay you, ever! Love you always.'

My aunt Choo-Li, also a baker ( must be in the genes!) : ' Thank you for being there for me when I was 5 years old, insisting that I get to help you bake cakes and cookies, even with Mums disapproval ( I was 5, Mum had her point!)

My late Tok Mak, a great cook and baker (genes again!) : ' I never knew you well enough, but Daddy always tells me I am just like you. Wish you could be here to see me now.'


I dedicate the XOXO cupcakes to a certain person who has indirectly inspired me for the past two months and what the person has injected in me is the push for me to be more creative, as seen in my mum cupcakes two posts back.

I thank you for your unknowing extra drive you have given me. XOXO.

No comments: