Monday, February 23, 2009

Single White Flower and Green engagement cupcakes



This was part of an Engagement Cupcakes ordered, with a theme of white and green. So I decided to do a a white flower with green center and green vanilla fondant, and some dragees to complete the look. My clients were pleased with the outcome and color. I presented them a color sample ;-) during the initial inquiry session and also gave them some ideas I had for their color scheme, and this was chosen.

Wedding cupcakes that I do usually will be covered with fondant and with gum paste flowers, as they last longer and will withstand 'many hands' handling ( this is a direct translation of what my Mum says in Malay 'banyak tangan' which is actually true, as during weddings 'many hands' will be helping out ;-) thus the translated saying) .

Why am I adding this is just because, I just taught my Dad about gum paste flowers, that sometimes I do real stuff like mums, gerberas, frangipanis , lotus and etcs, and other times I just go with my fantasy flow, thus creating 'fantasy flowers', so when he saw these he was like 'Are these fantasy flowers?', he looked really adorable, gleaming , using my cake decorating term! Love you lots Dad! These flowers actually have a name, but it's a bit scientific, and I just can't seem to recall, but apparently they do exist.

Well, my heartiest congratulations to the both of you!

No comments: